From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Friday, 16 August 2013 10:50 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: [OT] Windows Server 2012

Folks, does anyone else think that Windows 2012 Server is really weird? I
was playing with it last night for the first serious time and think it's
like a crippled blend of bits of other versions of Windows. I've got it
running inside Hyper-V where it boots to the desktop and you can barely do
anything there except run Server Manager. I can't use the Windows key (due
to Hyper-V) to get to the Start screen or show the Windows+X fake menu, so
after booting I'm bogged at the desktop and can't do anything. I have to go
full-screen to enable the Windows key and navigate around (which is a
nuisance).

>From inside Server manager you can Click Manage and Tools to open many Admin
tools, but not the familiar Control Panel apps. Even Server Manager is a
weird app unlike other admin tools, and it's so hard to scroll around it and
find things.

Is anyone actually using Windows 2012 Server in anger? It doesn't seem to
fit in anywhere, like a hallucination that was released by accident.

Greg K