Hi Folks,

Have any of you changed to using the cable 3.0 product from Telstra?

We get about 30 meg download speed on our cable now but it claims to
potentially make it a lot quicker. It used to not be available in our area.
When I logged onto the bigpond site the other day, it said it was now
available and gave me a phone number to call.

True to form, the number that Telstra linked to was answered by someone that
had no clue at all about the product. 40 minutes later she still couldn't
answer:

*         It is available?

*         How fast is it?

*         What does it cost?

Those didn't seem like rocket science but she couldn't answer them.

Today I've had a call from another guy that tells me that the only way you
can actually get the faster service is to change the business accounts
across to being residential accounts, as the business accounts are still on
their legacy billing system where the residential accounts are on their
Siebel system. Apparently, only residential customers can get the faster
speeds, not business customers. Again, he couldn't explain how that made any
sense or why it was that way, except that the "product" was only available
on the new billing system.

I really wish these clowns had some serious competition.

But has anyone made the move? I'd like to hear how you found it.

Dr Greg Low

CEO and Principal Mentor

SQL Down Under

SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Regional Director

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 fax

Web:  <http://www.sqldownunder.com/> www.sqldownunder.com