Hi Greg,

SSMS 2012 runs inside the VS2010 shell. It's probably not surprising that
removing VS2010 causes SSMS 2012 problems. I suppose it would be nice if
VS2010 had an understanding of all things that used its shell but it
doesn't. So running repair on SSMS 2012 would have just put back the
components of the VS2010 shell.

Dr Greg Low

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 fax

SQL Down Under | Web:  <http://www.sqldownunder.com/> www.sqldownunder.com