So, are you able to play media from your laptop to the Chromecast device? I
couldn't work out if that was possible from the interwebs.

Cheers
Ken

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Low (gregATgreglowDOTcom)
Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2014 1:59 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Google Chromecast

Hi Folks,

Just to follow up about the Win8.1/DLNA/Miracast, etc. discussion the other
week. I spent so many hours trying to make that stuff work.

The Google Chromecast devices arrived today. Slotted straight into the back of
the TVs, with a short USB cable to get power from a USB port on the back of the
TV too. 10 minutes later they were both installed, working and so neat and tidy.

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. And well done Google!

Dr Greg Low

1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913 fax
SQL Down Under | Web: www.sqldownunder.com<http://www.sqldownunder.com/>