A good friend is a physio and always recommends for best results to
alternate every hour or so. Standing for 8 hrs just hurts different parts
of your body. Your hip flexors may not get tight/short like sitting but
your hips, knees and feet may start hurting.
 Took me a couple months to get used to it but now feel much better.
My previous job had great electric standing/sitting desks from Schiavello
($2800 i think it was). I now have 2 desks at home to do the same thing