From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Monday, 1 December 2014 8:35 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Duplicate matching

Instead of using the filename to determine duplicate audio files have you
considered using an audio fingerprint? ... Apparently it uses
http://acoustid.org/ which is an open source library.

This is an interesting lateral-thinking idea. That's an ambitious and
scientifically interesting project. I can't submit 90GB of music to their web
service, but if the algorithm can be run locally to generate the fingerprints
then it would efficient to lookup their database -- Greg K