I tend to agree with you. If there are two languages (C# & VB.NET) that are
99% functionally equivalent but 90% of people use one (C#) then to me it is
a no brainer to use C# are well. I can't really think of any reason why
someone would choose VB.NET for a new project over C# where the benefits
outweigh the disadvantages.