Yesterday morning I rushed to my PC to watch a live stream of a music
competition. Twenty minutes later I get to sign in because the anniversary
upgrade arrived without warning. Now I find the signin screen, the
elevation prompt, and file open dialogs have changed appearance and
behaviour, tray icons I removed have returned, the "useless" metro apps I
removed have returned, I'm getting Alert popups that I suppressed, the
desktop colour has changed, and Explorer tree icons that I carefully
removed with registry edits have returned.

Who's managing my PC? Who owns it?

*Greg*