Dr Greg, the situation you describe below is quite rare from what I've
seen. If a winform app would suffice then why was it important for the web
app to work on multiple browsers? Multiple browser support is usually only
really needed for Internet facing apps. Dev teams usually just tell the
users which browser internal apps support and just avoid the multi browser
support issues.