> >turn off lazy loading and use eager loading instead.

Hell yeah!

> Stored procs are best, of course, as it's often much easier to get stored
> proc changes through change control in enterprises than code changes in an
> app, which requires virtually a compete redeploy.

Mostly hell yeah, but it's double-edged sword. Procs are just scripts and
sloppy developers just change them willy-nillly and break things (how many
times have you seen that happen!?). You have to treat procs like code,
which is really hard as they live in different worlds. I'm suffering from
that at the moment in some hobby code, as I have a creepy feeling I never
know which copy of the proc source is the real one.

*GK*