Why buy a Surface over other laptops. Putting aside the alligances to
Microsoft given the craft we choose, in all honesty what is it that sets it
apart from competiting products.

I look at it and I'm just unsure. I typically keep 1-2 laptops with me at
any given time, because most of my tooling is OSX based but at the same
time I prefer to write C# code on a Windows Machine (Parallels is fine for
minor work etc). I'll buy both and have done, but i'm at a point where I'm
about to swap out a PC laptop for potentially the Surface Pro (for Coding
only)...so...why buy?