From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Preet Sangha
Sent: Monday, 10 July 2017 12:50 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: Global SQL Server timeout

;Connection Timeout=XX in the connection string

where XX is in seconds is the way to do it in a single connection string.

I don't know about EL

regards,
Preet, in Auckland NZ

On 10 July 2017 at 14:27, Greg Keogh
<gfke...@gmail.com<mailto:gfke...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Folks, I have some old code that uses a mixture of Enterprise Library 5 and
traditional ADO.NET<http://ADO.NET> classes. On some machines I'm getting
command timeouts at 30 seconds. Is there a way of globally changing the timeout
for all commands on the connection, perhaps by changing the connection string?

I could get into every db call and set the timeout on each command, but there
are hundreds of them. That's why I'm looking for some global change that avoids
code changes.

Greg K