> 1. Why not use a dynamic DNS service instead?

I see that my new HFC modem has a feature to activate that with various
providers. So it's a possibility. I'm hoping though, that once the NBN
service stabilises then the drop-outs will stop and my IP will very rarely
change (as it was for 2 years with Telstra cable).

> 2. Why host websites at home on a dynamic service? (We used to do that so
> very long ago. I don't see much point to it now)

I have moved 5 domains and web sites into Azure. The only one remaining
hosted at home is used for development and previews, and it has a cert, and
it uses SQL Server databases and the file-system. So moving it all up to
Azure hosting will be frightening technical challenge that I haven't got
the stomach for yet.

As I was saying here last year ... I hate hosting *anything*, so I'm
looking forward to being able to eventually get the last site off my
server, dismantle it and replace it with a little portable media server for
music and video. Maybe that will be the Xmas holiday project!

*GK*