All the Angular (and almost every Js framework) tooling is built with Node,
so on you dev machines at least you are unlikely to be able to get away
from it. Going forward, unless you are planning on building something bare
bones with no framework I think there is not much chance of being able to
not have a dependency on Node.

https://i.redd.it/tfugj4n3l6ez.png