I did some Angular 2 Dev in 2016 while it was in late beta. Our internet was
whitelisted.

It was horrible and whoever implements this on their developers hates them, and
should be stabbed.

The whole JavaScript Dev debacle is hard enough WITH full internet access. Just
don't.

There must be a solution to your issue with security perspective, but there is
a wrong way to go about it.

cheers,
Stephen