Hahaha no it's just an electrical device that creates a massive arc that
melts metal. No certs needed. TBH I bought it a weeks back though I only
really used it yesterday to fix my daughters bed. Yes they are dangerous -
but they are simple if you follow the rules (face/eyes, hand and body plus
lung protection). A friend showed me how to use it etc.

However just like any software problem can be fixed with another layer of
abstraction not most real work problems can be fixed by fusing two bits of
metal together.

regards,
Preet, in Auckland NZ