TGIF Folks, my Domain Controller under the desk is running on a 12 year old
box with 3 metal drives and whirring fans. I decided last weekend to
replace it with something modern, small and quiet. My local shop was
selling various NUCs which look pretty cool and Sci-Fi, so I bought a
NUC10i3 with 16GB RAM. It's low-end, but fine for the home dev network. Now
comes the trap hidden in the fine-print...

*Windows 2016 server will not install on the box, nor can it be cloned via
R-Drive.*

This is actually stated in some Intel product PDFs, but I never thought of
looking, as it's just Windows and a chipset (I thought!). Apparently it's
to do with drivers, and some people have apparently found a workaround by
installing unsigned drivers, but I don't want to do that. Maybe I'll ring
the shop and negotiate a swap to a NUC9 or 8 which supports servers.

I just mention this in case anyone else falls into the lazy trap.

Any suggestions for the smallest, quietest, cheapest box I can get as a
low-end server?

*Greg*