> I found this
> https://github.com/microsoft/appcenter/issues/2174

Our company sent a support mail to MS about this and they nonchalantly
explained, that
Due to Google Play policies, the Visual Studio App Center app is no longer
available in the Google Play store and there are no current plans to bring
the app back to the Google Play store.
What?! Now I have to invent a different way of distributing APK updates for
side-loading into the 20 company phones? Yes, apparently the alternative is
for the phone users to go to the App Center website and sign-in (with which
accounts?) and download the APK from there, if that's the flow. This will
change staff and business procedures.

*Greg*

 Note

Visual Studio App Center is no longer available in the Google Play store.
Unfortunately, Google Play store considers the in-app update code as
malicious behavior even if it isn’t used at runtime. There are no current
plans to bring the app back to the Google Play store due to their policies.
The same set of functionality is still available via the App Center install
portal.