Folks, back to work.

I'm trying to convince some colleagues that they should persist "reports"
from a product as JSON instead of a fiddly custom text format. Each
"report" looks a lot like a self-contained document to me, with a few
sections containing the parameters, layout and data of the report. I'm
pitching that JSON is standard, readable by everything, change tolerant,
and ... most importantly ... databases like Mongo, Cosmos, Dynamo, etc
easily store and index JSON documents. They could stuff their reports into
a document db and get the indexing, speed and robustness for nothing.

However, some customers will want to store all the JSON reports in the file
system, so I'm wondering if there is some library that indexes and manages
local JSON documents. If I was younger I'd write one myself, but I'll bet
someone's already done something similar. Any ideas anyone? I'm searching.
I think the latest SQL Server versions do this, but it might be a bit of a
heavyweight option.

*Greg*