My understanding is that you target what you want to support, so if he's only shipping fully managed code and supporting x64 systems then it doesn't matter too much but in that case may be sidelining x86 or ARM users for no real reason. It gets more complicated if you need to support multiple architectures or have unmanaged dependencies where you need to match the bitness of the dependencies with the application process, this is where AnyCPU and AnyCPU (32-bit preferred) options will start to shine.

https://dzone.com/articles/what-anycpu-really-means-net

-Tony