> I have never understood the fixation with C++ unless you're in the
> business of writing kernels, device drivers, embedded systems, etc.

The library we're phasing out was started around 1997, so you can throw the
authors a bone because the world was very different back then. Your main
choices were C/C++, VB and Java.

I stand by my opinion that C++ is the most absurdly complex and idiotic
language in contemporary use. Ooops! I made a judgement.

*GK*