From:   Genevieve Lilley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, 10 September 1999 23:28
To:     Johnston
Subject:        RE: Fundal Pressure

Try having a look at Coates, T. Manoeuvres for the relief of shoulder
dystocia, Modern Midwife, 7(5), September 1997, which is cited in an
article in Open Line, which reads: "A five year review conducted in Totonto
found that fundal pressure, when used without other manoeuvres, was
associated with a high rate of neurological and orthopaedic damage. In
addition, it has been suggested that fundal pressure is associated with
uterine rupture and premature separation of the placenta."