From:   Andrea Robertson [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Sunday, August 19, 2001 11:37 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Resolution for women's groups

Hi Denise,

Here it is again:

This is the wording that is suggested by Karen Guilliland for a resolution
to propose at AGMs of any women's groups, as a way of gathering more
generalised support. It is similar to the resolution used with great effect
in New Zealand:
that (the group) urges (government/state) to recognise midwives as
autonomous practitioners who work for the public good and as such should
have access to the same medical rebates and government/state funded
professional indemnity schemes as medical providers of the same maternity
service.