Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] existing midwifery services

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 6:11 PM

Dear Justine
thank you for your response, I certainly agree regarding the blisters. I am so disappointed at what appears to be a lack of support for each other.  I recently attended a large meeting with many midwives(who make up the large percentage of midwives with vast interest in the current models of midwifery care) attending and it was very clear there was no support for anything other than protecting your own patch.  Thank you so much to Denise and Jan for their wonderful speeches and their courage to support women and fellow midwives.
I agree its worth hanging in there and I suppose it was just a moment of absolute frustration with battling the current system that seems to thwart every attempt at midwifery care centred on women, not instutions.
Cheers Marian