at home and in birth centres and hospital in public and private when women are informed strong and not interfered with harder to get as u progress along ie home---------------hosp but possible when women are truley informed and supported by known midwives jan
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:59 AM
Subject: FW: [ozmidwifery] Where are the 'natural' births???

At home.

Sally Westbury

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 12 September 2002 7:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Where are the 'natural' births???

Dear All,
A bunch of us direct entry midwives from Flinders Uni in South Oz have been following women through their pregnancies.  We have been taught all about 'natural' birth but most of us are yet to see one.  We can't believe the amount of interventions that happen (and we are only allowed to go to public hospitals at the moment!!)  I shudder to think what it will be like in the private sector.  Where are all of these non-interventionist births happening??   Some of us have seen some horrific, sometimes avoidable things happening to women.   We can't wait until we graduate and can have a say in what goes on.  Keep up the fight!!!!

Johanna