On a personal level, a friend has had the implant and it began 'traveling' around her arm and it is quite scarred now as they kept opening her up and looking for it!! - pretty horrible.
Steph. CBE
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:01 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Implanon Implant

Has anyone come across clients with negative side effects from the use of the Implanon Implant? In one of my job sites we use Implanon on most of our ward population following birth, it is seen as a wonder contraceptive.  In the other job site the local GP has just informed me that quite a few of his patients have requested the removal of the implant.   Un-desirable effects such as weight gain, mood swings etc are quoted.&NBS;

What are your opinions/experiences of Implanon? Both the GP and I are interested  in your opinions.

Claudia

Yahoo! Messenger for SMS - Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS