Dear friends, colleagues and family,

It's with great excitement I'm informing you that my radio play, Soft of Hearing, received a Special Mention in the Radio Drama category of the Prix Italia, judged in Palermo, Italy, last week!

In case you didn't know, Soft of Hearing was based on my book manuscript, "This is a War Zone, Baby -- Improvise!" and was produced by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Radio National; broadcast around Australia in May this year.

It was one of 7 entries which were praised as part of the "rich treasury" of entries in this particular category.

The winner for original drama was "Brick" from Croatia, and the winner of adapted drama was "Aura" from Japan.

For anyone in Adelaide (or who plant to come to Adelaide) I'm doing one performance of my stage show, "This is a War Zone, Baby -- Improvise!" on Friday October 18th at Nexus Cabaret, Lion Arts Centre, Adelaide. As in the performances in Fringe 2000, I'll be backed by Hung Phan and the band, No See Dolly. The new lead singer/violinist with No See Dolly is an eighteen year-old lass, Juliet Hunter, who will add a gorgeous dimension to the show.

If you'd like more details, please email me. Link to my web site:

My very best wishes to you all, and my you all be as happy as I am today!!

Aviva