Hi all,
I was just wondering, in our current post natal group of first time mums,
during the sessions where we have been talking about birthstories, the
common theme this term has been these really long labours, with very slow
(if any) dilation. Most of them ended with intervention, and disappointment
in their body. Now most of us here understand the physiology of childbirth,
how fear will create an adrenaline rush, which directly works against
labour. What I would love to hear, are any stories where a woman birthing
has experienced a dramatic change as a result of the support she has
received. For example; something said to her that has helped her to release
fear during the process, which has then allowed her body to make a dramatic
turn during her labour. Another example might be a story related to why a
long slow labour has been an important experience for a woman. I would love
to cite some stories to women (the art of storytelling being a VERY power
medium) helping them to understand the unique and wonderful complexities of
the human body, and how it is a wonderful teacher, allowing us to grow and
expand into infinite possibilities. Helping women to see what is possible
will go a long way into their birthing and mothering experiences.
Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom.
Tracey Anderson Askew