Hi Jen,

The marking I was refering to is for 3rd year nursing students at Newcastle
Uni. I was co-opted at the last minute as they (the uni) were desperate as
someone had dropped out at the second to last minute from the casual
teaching pool. I have been employed as a part time, academic mentor for this
semester.  It has been an amazing experience. It is astonishing how much
work and effort the students have put into their assignments, the depth of
research and the wonderful critical thinking skills they display with their
topics - I'm in awe of them. We have some wonderful people coming through
the nursing stream - I think the future is very bright indeed looking at the
talent I'm working with and if the Bmid students are like these students...
(and I know you are by the questions and comments I read here) the wave of
change is happening .........and will soon be tidal.....which brings joy to
my heart.

And, I've actually just started as Midwifery Educator at John Hunter
Hospital, Newcastle - another source of joy for me :-)  It's good to be
home. I worked at JHH when it first opened 12 years ago as an educator for
midwifery.  I've also been working privately as a midwife with homebirth.
Private practice has to go now I'm full time employed person BUT the good
thing with John Hunter and the fabulous midwifery leadership is that the
staff are supported and encouraged to provide continuity of care for women
with special needs - like those who have had bad experiences previously, so
I'm signing up for that. Very exciting and very women centred
ideology/philosophy being expressed. There is also a lot of interest in the
NMAP,
so ....

Probably a longer answer than you wanted Jen :-)

warmly, Carolyn Hastie