After having three labours, 8hrs(induced with gels), 9hrs(home) and then
3hrs(home), I would rather the 9 hrs I did on my own steam. The three hour
one was full on, it didn't hurt any more than the others, just wasn't the
break in between, no down time to catch your breath. I'm glad it was my
third baby and had the confidence and knowledge to handle it better. Even my
husband could tell the difference, my body, muscles,etc under his hands was
much more active.
There is so many reasons why a drug for short births is frightening. Has
there been any comparison study on the outcomes of short labours against
longer ones, in relation to the baby as well as the mother?

The answer to this is we need more midwifery care not bloody

I wonder if there is a drug to soften the minds of politicians to speed up
the implementation of NMAP, or do we benefit from the long, natural journey
we are already on?

Megan.