Hi Alesia
Its International Nanny Services - this is off a press release from Louise Dunham - I have heard of families who have been able to access a day and a night nanny in cases of severe PND when husband has to work but mum isnt able to care for baby -its funded through Health and Community Services - as Alesia says Call Louise  Dunham 1300 854 624 and see if this woman fits the criteria - Louise is accredited to assess - the service is called "in home care"
At an infant massage AGM I also heard about maternity funding which apparently can be distributed by maternity hospitals according to certain criteria - a midwife from the country explained how she assessed women o the basis of need and alotted a certain amount of funding which the woman could take in either childcare/ homehelp or meals on wheels.

In cases of severe parental illness or disability, some families are eligible for round the clock childcare and may be able to access special funding, known as Exceptional Circumstances Funding  i.e. Families who may find themselves in a temporary crisis, due to an illness of either parent or child such as some Post Natal Depression cases. To be eligible for the Government Childcare Rebate, Ms Dunham explains, families must meet one or more of the following criteria:

q       Families who do not have access to a child care service or whose childcare needs cannot be met by an existing service, including  After School Care.

q       Where a parent/s or the child has a disability /illness.

q       Families with more than two children under school age.

q       Parents who work shift work or non-standard hours.

q       Breast-feeding mothers working from home.

q       Parent looking for work or studying or employed.

q       Parent must be an Australian citizen.

Otherwise a 'Starlight Angel' (love the name) might be a lovely baby gift from a caring grandparent.

Pinky