Congratulations, sounds just beautiful.
Best wishes
Megan.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Cheryl LHK
Sent: Saturday, 4 January 2003 5:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] New Years Greetings

Glad to hear of the safe arrival.

Well, after two boys we have a girl (still in shock) and had a great
hospital birth, one of the few hearing some people's stories.  Saw my doc on
Thurs, had a whinge and whine, then started niggling on early Fri morning.
Stayed at home until midday, ruptured membranes and the pain level went up a
few notches.  Arrived at hospital by 1230, settled into my routine (when you
work there, you know where to find things!!) of arranging pillows, beanbag,
the nitrous etc.  5cm on arrival - very happy.  Warned the midwives that
once I start pushing the baby will arrive NOW, went into my own little
dreamworld (thanks to analgesia) and had a 5 min second stage, birthed an
8lb + baby at 3:20pm, intact, and the midwife was the accoucher, doc turned
up to do the congrats bit with head on view!!

Came home less than 24 hours later, and the girls at work I'm sure think I
must be manic - just excited - can't sleep at work, keep hearing all the
buzzers.  Sorry we are a bit disjointed, just happy.
Kate is sleeping so I'm enjoying my boys.

Cheryl