-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Trudie de
keijzer
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Pinnards v's dopplar

i always understood that pinnards  were invented to avoid contact with
women(by professionals)i.e. keep a distance and therefore avoid doctors
and midwives catching 'pubic lice'....is this an old wives tale?
i find it just as easy to use my ear directly over the shoulder...