Andrea tells me there hasn't been much more in the way of response to a
Conference so maybe we can remove this from the files and rethink.    Robyn

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Andrea
Robertson
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] National get-together/Conference

Hi,

I've changed the subject on this one - nearly missed Robyn's post... can we
please change the title when the content changes from the original string?

Robyn wrote:

>Why don't we through Ozmidwifery organise an outstanding NATIONAL
>CONFERENCE with All the interested and supportive groups (lead my
>Maternity Coalition and NMAP).  Invite the most effective members of
>Parliament and all the Area Chief Executive Officers and many doctors,
>invite overseas speaker who have made such changes in their
>country.  Invite universities and educators from all areas. Even the NZ
>Prime Minister would be helpful.  Invite the major insurance companies.
>
>Don't wait any longer, we are all talking about being united, set some
>plans now and start working on it in the New Year so we can set some dates.
>
>Who is interested in this united front?

I am certainly interested in helping with this. I have made a start by
making the main thrust of the next Future Birth event a forum for
announcing/discussing/exploring NMAP, ACMI the PI issues and what these all
mean for the future of midwifery in Australia. There is already
considerable interest in this event and I hope that we will attract a lot
of midwives (as we did last time) who have not heard of any of this -
without them we will get no-where with implementing NMAP.

I've been thinking that there is a need to follow this up with exploration
of more aspects of this and that perhaps I should mount another event in 12
months instead of 2 years as I normally do.

I would be willing to throw the resources of Birth International behind
this effort, with profits to go to Maternity Coalition, if it would help.
Getting an event like this off the ground takes time and effort and a level
of expertise that we could provide.....

Let me know what you all think. Meanwhile, we can get the ball rolling at
the Future Birth event in April. I have some ideas for supporting Maternity
Coalition through this event as well.

Andrea

-----
Andrea Robertson
Birth International * ACE Graphics * Associates in Childbirth Education

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.birthinternational.com