Fantabulous, Tory! Well done! I'm delighted for you all.
Aviva
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 12:39 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] wonderful birth!

Dear Ozmidders,

I had to write and tell you about a recent birth I was privileged enough to be present at. I wrote to the list a few months ago because my sister-in-law had been told to have a c-section due to bad varicose veins in her legs. After passing on all the information and support I received from the list to her, she decided to try for a vaginal birth and went and found an Ob who supported her decision. I travelled up to the Gold Coast a few weeks ago and she birthed while I was there. It was 4.5 hours from when her waters broke to when she birthed. She did it without any intervention (Private hospital !!?! WOW), on all fours and didn't even use the gas. The power of this woman was amazing!!!! Her husband wasn't interested in helping her during labour so I was really involved as a support person. It is one thing to be witnessing a birth as a student, but quite another when it is someone you love! Anyway, the whole experience was wonderful for all concerned and I wanted to thank the people on the list who were so helpful to us back in December.

Cheers!
Tory - Flinders University Student

---