To the group. while I applaud everyone's continued passion and support in birhting matters, I have to speak out a bit. We are all obviously peace lovers, spiritual and caring of women babies and the world. However I do not like to be told or have it assumed that such things as peace rallies etc are a part of being a 'good' person. My political beliefs, (I am anti war to a certain extent but hey look ant history, there are times when it is inevitable, I mean thank goodness we didn't leave it to the peace makers to deal with hitler!)l, are my own and I reject and resent simplistic ideologies asserted without due debate, and really as a midwifery web site we need to question how this is achievable or desirable which assume my stance or dilemmas over this complex and terrible situation. To rally or not to speak out etc are deep and complex issues not to be casually and trivially deal with on a list which aims to speak of birthing issues within a western community.
Just my own and humble say(rave)
belinda