A posting from my website  forum - any Melbourne mums who are interested??or others who would like to comment on the forum -encouragement etc.
Pinky

Hi Mums dads and tots!
(I hope it is ok for me to post a plea to any mums in Melbourne)

Im a mum, living in Melbourne, Doncaster right now (just moved back from the US for 4 years) and have a son, Joshua (nearly 3).
I am interested in meeting regularly with women,men and their kids for community and fun for us and our kids.
I started a similar group over 2 years ago and it was fantastic.
We met, weekly, often more after we all got to know each other and bonds formed and did things that we enjoyed. Our understanding was/is that if the parents are engaged in useful work or really engaging what they want, this is best for the kids and not as "child centred".
We met at homes, had "cookfest" days were we cooked or/and cleaned together,held garage sales and raised money for each other, we met at beaches, parks and had all day picnics etc.
Our kids got to know each other as well.
Most if not all of us, breastfed our kids (I still do), co-slept and treated our children with dignity and respect. Many parents (myself included) were pretty radical advocates of home or unschooling as well. It was not a group of "mainstream" style parenting (forgive me I cant think of a better word!)
We fostered many of the principles of The Continuum Concept (see the webite its fantastic) and really believed in the wisdom and love of our children. We trust them. Implicitly.
If any of this speaks to you, please email me with a brief intro and Ill answer asap.
Many thanks,
Noula Austin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]