Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Today in Parliament...

In a message dated 26/02/03 4:04:22 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

New member for Victoria Kirsty Marshall, ( ex-aerial skier) was kicked out
of Question Time with her 11 day old baby because she commenced
breastfeeding during the session. Her baby was with her because Grandma who
was supposed to be babysitting had temporarily gone missing

The reason given for her removal was twofold, apparently;

1) no strangers are allowed during Question Time.
2) no eating or drinking is allowed during Question Time.

Oh my.......

Robin.

Hi all if this is so.....then THIS IS A TOTAL DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps we need to get the ABA on side and hold a breastfeeding demonstration/rally on the steps of parliment just to again highlight the negativity and discrimination mothers in our community and workplaces suffer....the govt should be setting the example here for work places in supporting women to BF their babes...

yours in breastfeeding
Tina Pettigrew.