Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] preparing and supporting child sexual abuse survivors for chilbdrith

Hi everyone,

I would like to gather some insights into preparing and supporting child sexual abuse survivors for childbirth.

I have had a small number of sexual abuse survivors throughout the years confide in me and ask for my support throughout their childbirth experience.

I have responded sensitively to them and tried to follow my intuition when helping them, but wished I had more insights.

Can you help me??

With regard to fear of the pain …

And any other aspects of the issue you can highlight for me?

hug

Julie Clarke

Childbirth and Parenting Educator

Transition into Parenthood