I remember my mum feeding my baby sister "milk of magnesium" for "wind" . Another oldie but goody to help with the nappy "environment"  - and minimise excoriation is some vinegar in the final rinse - obviously cloth nappies -but sunshine and fresh air on the bum would be preferable than nappies at all.
and certainly check for fungal infection.
Pinky

----- Original Message -----
From: Rhonda
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] nappy rash

Get a bottle of Fluid Magnesium from the Chemist and add about 5 ml to drinks or milk - twice a day it neutralises the acid and prevents the rash while teething. My Boy used to scream with oain he was so bad and it totally fixed him.  A very old one from my mother inlaw!
Safe for all ages!  Doesn't give them the runs either - only give a tiny bit but it is like a mirracle.  So fast working - you will of course need to treat the rash but the fluid magnesium prevents it happening or getting worse.
Or Fluid of Magnesium

Regards
Rhonda.