Hello everyone - and I hope this finds you and your loved ones well & happy....  This is a quick update to let you know that the

1.  Mothers Community Circle starts this Fri 22 Aug 9.30am-2.45pm in Bondi & there's a special intro price - some spaces left!
2.  Motherhood Celebration Ceremony is on Sun 31 Aug 10am-3pm also at my home in Bondi
3.  Welcome to the World Pregnancy Retreat at Petrea King Quest for Life Centre Bundanoon 22-26 Sept 2003
4.  Being a Mother Workshop with Betty Chetcuti in Melbourne on Sept 7
5.  A Parable on Mothering - is reprinted below for perusal in your own time and your delight!  Enjoy...

More details on these below - I hope to see you at an event soon.   In the meantime,  I wish you peaceful parenting....

Kind regards
Maree Lipschitz
Motherhood Mysteries
11 Oakley Road Bondi NSW 2026
Ph/Fx: (02)9130 7283 Mob: 0417 428 007
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.motherhoodmysteries.com.au
'Supporting mothers to nurture themselves - passionately, powerfully and playfully'

1. Mothers Community Circle starts this Fri 22 Aug in Bondi - special intro price - book today!

We will speak & listen in a women's circle, use creative visualisation & writing, share lunch and work on some themed art/

craft pieces for ourselves. It usually involves lots of laughs, sometimes some tears, sharing delicious food, and relaxing with wonderful women - what could be better??

Course Outline

Mth 1  - Conceiving a child and the journey of pregnancy (or applying for adoption)

Mth 2  - Giving birth - the rite of passage from maiden to mother (or collecting your adopted child)

Mth 3 - Acknowledging our matriarchal ancestral line

Mth 4 - Honouring the transformation of the maiden – the woman we were before

Mth 5 - Birthing & celebrating ourselves as mother

Come along and maybe bring a good friend to share ...

When?             Five Fridays  22 Aug, 19 Sep,  17 Oct, 14 Nov, 12 Dec 2003  (1 day per month - not in school hols)

What time?      9.30am – 2.45pm (School hours!)

Where?            11 Oakley Road North Bondi 2026

Cost?                Special intro price $65/day (usually $99) (includes all materials – no prior art expertise needed!)

Bring?              A journal to write in and a plate of lunch to share

Wear?              Comfortable clothes

For more details see www.motherhoodmysteries.com.au under Workshops

2.  Motherhood Celebration Ceremony is on Sun 31 Aug 10am-3pm also in Bondi

·          reduce your stress & guilt as a mother

·          be acknowledged for your huge contribution as a mother

·          relax & spoil yourself with lunch, chatting & massage

·          learn that you’re not alone ­- other Mums feel like you too and nobody is the perfect mother!

·          accept your role as a mother more easily

·          give your support to the Gidget Foundation (PND helpline)

The Motherhood Celebration Ceremony provides a forum where mothers can have time to reflect and really honour their own thoughts, feelings and emotions of what it has meant for them to become a mother. There are generally lots of laughs – and sometimes some tears  – and many women report being very moved and inspired by the experience.

The ceremony is a combination of music, songs, readings, large & small group discussions, some reflection & writing time,

a short visualisation and  a creative drawing process.  It usually runs for about 3.5 hours (depending on numbers) including a coffee break. A banquet lunch is offered afterwards where the mothers can continue celebrating and talking together –

as they usually want to do so!  One condition - you must be able to come without your children so that you can focus totally on yourself - bliss!

We will donate 10% of all profits raised to help the Gidget Foundation, an organisation set up to assist understanding &
support for mothers suffering from Post Natal Depression.

2003 Dates: Sun Aug 31, Tue Sep 16, Sun Nov 16

Cost: $110 Ceremony + Banquet Lunch 10am-3pm

For more details see www.motherhoodmysteries.com.au under Ceremonies and Participant's Feedback

3.  Welcome to the World Pregnancy Retreat at The Petrea King Quest for Life Centre,  Bundanoon,  22-26 Sept 2003

A residential program to help pregnant women prepare for birth and beyond.
More info at www.questforlife.com.au or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Ph: 02 4883 6599

4.  Being a Mother Workshop with Betty Chetcuti in Melbourne on Sept 7

I've done this workshop with Betty and I highly recommend it! With Mother & Psychologist Betty Chetcuti
Visit www.beingamother.com Tel. 03 9882 7958

5.  A Parable on Mothering  Author Unknown

The young mother set her foot on the path of life.

"Is the way long?" she asked.

And her Guide said: "Yes. And the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young Mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed with them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them and life was good, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then night came, and storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the Mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, "Oh Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come," and the Mother said, "This is better than the brightness of day, for I have taught my children courage."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the Mother was weary, but at all times she said to the children, "A little patience and we are there." So the children, climbed, and when they reached the top, they said, "We could not have done it without you, Mother." And the Mother, when she lay down that night, looked at the stars and said: "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today I have given them strength."

And the next day came strange clouds which darkened the earth--clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped and stumbled, and the Mother said: "Look up. Lift your eyes to the Light." And the children looked and saw above the clouds an Everlasting Glory, and it guided them and brought them beyond the Darkness. And that night the Mother said, "This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children God." And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the Mother grew old, and she was little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And when the way was hard, they helped their Mother, and when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond the hill they could see a shining road and a golden gate flung wide.

And the Mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know that the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them."

And the children said, "You will walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates."

And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence.

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!