An update for those of you who have been following Amina Lawal's sentencing
by the Sharia court in Nigeria and written of letters of support.  It is
wonderful this woman is finally free to mother her children in peace.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s953985.htm

A great vote of gratitude and admiration to Amnesty International and all
the other women's and social justice groups who have been campaigning for
Amina's rights.

It is wonderful the panel of five judges, although split, recognised the
inherent 'wrongness'of the original sentence.  It is a sign of growing
awareness and change.

warmly, Carolyn Hastie

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

Helen Keller

Heartlogic Consultancy
The Bully Busters - creating positive workcultures through improving
emotional intelligence
MetaSystems Life and Executive Coaching - Essential Skills for the new
Millenium
Quantum Leadership Strategies

Phone +61 2 4389 3919
Fax   +61 2 4388 6819
Mobile 0418 428 430
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 5405 Chittaway Bay NSW 2261 Australia