Denise

Back in the UK I was a member of three local Maternity Services Liason Committees (MSLC's) where consumers and OB's midwives, Health vistors, and GP's meet to discuss local health service provision - this was a member of the NCT.

They worked well and it was interesting that evryone respected everyone's ideas - indeed I was often rung up by local OB's to help make representations from a consumer perspective (for example on the provision of homebirth services).

These were statutory bodies that came out of Changing Childbirth.

We suggested to Harry Cohen that WA could do with the same - don't know whether he will take us up on it :-)

Debbie