Hi Diane,

If they are feeling bullied at all they should seriously consider
videoing the birth, taking photos of CTG readouts and maybe even getting
the husband to take in a dictophone recorder in his pocket. We took a
digital camera that also takes short video footage (as memory allows)
and videoed the moments just after Daniel was taken out without anyone
knowing.

I know this sounds extreme but they will want evidence of bullying if
things don't go well.

We have just had a woman come to our local homebirth group who wanted a
vaginal breech birth in hospital and she fought tooth and nail against
the system and eventually got her way, but there was a lot of pressure
and bullying along the way. She had a three hour labour and an easy
birth but the doc still did an episiotomy without her consent! She is
now going to tell her story to the media in the hopes that it will
encourage other women to stand up for their basic right to a natural
normal birth if things are going smoothely and there is not an evident
need for intervention.

Sometimes the only way to get a natural birth is to threaten to sue. Are
you giving her birth support Diane?

Hope this puts some fire in her belly.... Sending lots of empowerment
vibes.

Cheers,

Cas.

Cas, Wayne, Liam and Daniel McCullough