From Joy Johnston [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SORRY ABOUT LATE NOTICE
I have been told that Southern Health has invited all who have had any interest in the Moorabbin Birth Centre or the maternity ward at Moorabbin to come to a "farewell party" (some call it a wake) on the lawn outside the BC tomorrow - Sunday 18 Jan.
I have been told that Southern Health has invited all who have had any interest in the Moorabbin Birth Centre or the maternity ward at Moorabbin to come to a "farewell party" (some call it a wake) on the lawn outside the BC tomorrow - Sunday 18 Jan.
For more information call the midwife on duty at the birth centre 03 9928 8780 or 99288784.
The situation as it has been reported to me is that from 9pm tonight all women booked for Moorabbin BC or obstetric ward will be directed to Clayton to birth. Women affected are reported to be very upset.
The new "Birth Centre" rooms at Clayton are not ready for use; a birth pool has been hired temporarily, but is not being used; and there is no dedicated room for birth centre women and midwives. It's not surprising that the unit is said to be overcrowded - that births have taken place in the corridor, and labouring women have been transferred by ambulance to Dandenong. Perhaps our idea of a birthing tent on the lawn is not so far fetched!
Those who are able to be there, please do so. Women and midwives need to let management, and the press, and the politicians know that they will not accept the further restriction of maternity services.
it's a sad day for women and birth
Joy Johnston
m: 04111 90448
Yahoo! Personals
- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!
