From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tim & Rochelle
Sent: Friday, 30 January 2004 5:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Adelaide Resources?

Hello,

I thought I would put a call out to those on the list in Adelaide. I have friend who is 8 weeks pregnant first baby and is keen for information. I have sent her my old copies of Birth Matters Magazine SA and told her of the coffee mornings, and suggested prenatal yoga, active birth workshops and that she check out the birth centre at womens and childrens especially now that the team midwifery has just started there. At 8 weeks she already has an Ob (female) and had 1 u/s due to some pain and spotting. I am sensing she is not thrilled with the level of care from Ob, so hopefully investigates her options further.

I guess what I want to know is if there is a resource centre or a centralised place to borrow books on pregnancy and birth and gather information, available to women in the community? Does the Womens and Children's Hospital offer a library service? I have also given her a couple of copies of the Homebirth Network SA Mag, and I believe they have a collection of books for lending? So she will have contact details for someone from this group.

I will send her a list of good websites and another friend is buying her Janet Balaskas' "New Active Birth"  so that will be a good start.

Thank You
Rochelle in Perth. Very excitedly expecting our second baby and first home birth with the Fab Community Midwifery Program.