G'day!

Andrea Robertson and Sarah Buckley suggested I join the list.

My name is Jock Doubleday, and I am an advocate of midwifery. Some of you may have
read my articles in Midwifery Today and other magazines.

I have just completed a five-year book project: "Spontaneous Creation: 101 Reasons Not
to Have Your Baby in a Hospital (see www.SpontaneousCreation.org for a chapter
excerpt).

The book argues that, while hospital obstetric technology is appropriate in some
cases, and can certainly be life saving, the vast majority of births can take place
safely at home with a midwife in attendance. (The book is going to be published soon
through the nonprofit corporation Natural Woman, Natural Man
www.GentleBirth.org/nwnm.org)

I am not joining the list to hawk my book, though. I am moving to Australia in late
August, and I want to become part of a vigorous natural childbirth and anti-vaccinatin
community. I thought joining this list might help me on my way.

I have never been to Australia. I am making inquiries about the "best place to live"
and getting lots of different answers. I'm hoping to live in a rural or semi-rural
environment--I'm not a big city guy.

And ideally, I'd like to do a work trade (landscaping in exchange for a room/guest
house) or straight housesitting/petsitting. I have numerous references from work trade
and housesitting arrangements here in the States.

My desire is to continue my writing in a peaceful setting while doing the outdoor
"shovel work" that few others seem to enjoy but which I do enjoy.

I could get a "real" job, of course, but it would have to be part-time. I have several
resumes (in the fields of teaching, copy editing, copy writing,
playwriting/screenwriting, and nonprofit-related work).

I am looking forward to pursuing a new life in Australia and to working with a
community of nature-lovers who are working to promote natural living practices within
the larger community.

In health,
Jock Doubleday

Jock Doubleday
Director
Natural Woman, Natural Man, Inc.
A California 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corporation
323 E. Matilija, Suite 110-131
Ojai, CA 93023
U.S.A.
www.GentleBirth.org/nwnm.org