Hi everyone,
on the topic of VBAC I would like to ask those who are offering VBAC models of care to contact me with their VBAC 'management' as I am writing a feed back for the SA state perinatal protocols for VBAC management (I hate the word management as you may have guessed!!).

The policies are based on the multicentred study of vbac from 2000 which we all know, and the things they re suggesting to be state wide policies include the heavy use of continuous monitoring  due to rupture detection.  My argument is that they are referring to studies that have only looked at vbac acre and outcomes from the medical model and have ignored the care and outcomes of birthing centre or midwifery led models.  These policies will impact everywhere in SA.

To have some stats, outcomes and so forth from alternatives from the labour ward 'care' (that concept of care which includes induction/augmentation etc makes me shudder also) would be handy.  I would need it ASAP though.

Hope someone has the time to respond.

cheers Jo