Dear List

This note is for all of the Midwifery course coordinators and Graduate midwives in 2005.

My name is Felicity Cummins and I am the Grad Mid coordinator at Mildura Base Hospital.  I am in the process of finalising the details about the program but I can tell you that there will be 3-4 positions available for a 12 month course beginning in Feb 2005.  There will be 6 study days containing every topic imaginable, including, care of the sick neonate, midwifery emergencies and home birth.

The ward work involves supported practice in Antenatal, Birthing and Postnatal care as well as Special Care Nursery.  There is also opportunity for the Grads to become involved in a new Continuity of Care program if they so wish.  The program also includes three community days where the participants are able to experience the links in the community for women and families pre and post birth.

Our ward is a fantastic place to work with a great team of happy and dynamic midwives who have a keen focus on education and best practice.

My aim is to provide a large amount of basic information and an environment of supported practice for the consolidation of knowledge.  I am passionate about nurturing midwives entering the workforce, as these people are the future of midwifery and the future carers of women, children and their families.  I know the importance of a great start and I hope that I can provide this to some of you 2005.

Please feel free to contact me off list for your individual questions.  I am also very willing to meet any of you for a guided tour of our ward and hospital at any time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Felicity Cummins