Well done Philippa
kathy
----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippa Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ozmidwifery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 12:27 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Fw: Ç/S Story

Philippa Scott
Birth Buddies
----- Original Message -----
From: Philippa Scott
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 10:54 AM
Subject: Ç/S Story

I would love for this to be a story that actually has some positive effect
on this situation. Glenda, it is not about a debate between supporting
elective c/s or opposing elective c/s. It is about truly informed choice &
women being responsible for their own decisions. If you are going to do a
story that will do justice to this issue then I would be pleased to
participate. As it stands though I dont have faith in Channel Nine to
present a fair & well balanced story. You use the same "experts" each time &
end with some celebrity saying how pleased she was. Have you ever spoken to
a woman who has had a c/s & would not go down that road again unless in an
emergency? I can tell you there are plenty of women out there who prefer
Vaginal births to c/s after having had both. Also lets look at the effect on
the tax payer. If a c/s is truly elective then why is the taxpayer being
made to pay for it. They want us to pay for some peoples choice & yet wont
pay for other peoples choice. Some women want a personal midwife & the
option to birth where ever they choose including at home. This is
considerably less costly but the taxpayer is not asked to pay for this, they
are forced to pay more for that woman's unwanted choice of a Dr./hospital
birth. Lets make this about informed choice & the right of women to choice
what is best for them & then I would be happy to talk to you.
Regards,
Philippa Scott
Birth Buddies